27/07/2018 - Author : Karen Nguyen
WHAT IS 2-COMPONENT EPOXY?
The two-component epoxy resin (Glue AB) is composed of two components: glue A is a component and glue B is a high epoxy adhesive with good adhesion, adhesion and waterproofing properties. durability, heat resistance, grease resistance and excellent insulation for the building.
Two-component epoxy adhesive of Loctite, Henkel
FEATURES OF TWO-COMPONENT EPOXY ADHESIVES
1. Part A (Epoxy curing agents) - Cure:
There are many different types like amidoamines, polyamides, aliphatic amines, adducts, mannich bases, cycloaliphatics, ketamines, novolac, amino resin, isocyanate, mecarptan, polyester resin, anhydride, dicyandiamide .... together.
- Based on the curing mechanism, one or two components of Epoxy are classified
- The type you can find in the retail market is polyamide (dark yellow to brown, high Epoxy consumption, high odor, slow response, more flexible products, lower prices ...).
2. Part B: (Epoxy resin) - Epoxy adhesive
Epoxy resin (colored solution from bright yellow epoxy resin to transparent epoxy resin).
Physical properties: Epoxy resins usually come in three forms: Liquid Epoxy Resin (Solid Epoxy Resin) - Solid Epoxy Resin (Hard Epoxy Resin) - Epoxy Resin Solution
- Due to the Epoxy molecular structure with Aromatic rings and ether bond, Epoxy resins are resistant to high chemical, corrosion.
- The presence of polarized hydroxyl groups along the molecular chain increases adhesion on many materials. In addition, the free rotation of the two methyl groups in the Bisphenol A component is pressed between the two aromatic rings to give the Epoxy resin solid but flexible.
- Epoxy resins have good compatibility with various plastics, including: UF, MF, PF, alkyd, nitrocellulose, polyester ...
- Epoxy resins are well soluble in various organic solvents such as acetone, esters, chlorinated solvents ...,
APPLICATION OF EPOXY ADHESIVE 2 COMPONENTS
- The most widely used Epoxy resin is in the paints & industry coatings industry. Especially used in primers protecting oil pipelines - chemical plants, tanks, chemical containers, marine coatings, offshore works in extremely harsh weather conditions, paint industrial flooring (discotheque flooring, flooring competition), car primer, motorcycle, bicycle, electrical appliances painting ...
- Glue: hot cure and cold cure. - flooring.
- Composite materials.
- Cracker filler.
- Waterproofing agent (mixed with concrete).
- Materials in electrical engineering: insulating material for motor, conductor, electronic board
- Road running stadium ...
Currently, Creative Engineering distributes epoxy resins from four major suppliers: Dow Corning, Huntsman, Monarch and Henkel